What's in a Torill's Table banana pancake? Well bananas of course. And a whole lot more… but bananas are pretty much all you need to add.
So take your overripe bananas - we all have some - some baking soda, a few eggs, milk, Torill’s Table pancake and waffle mix… add a sprinkle of sunshine and you've got Torill's Table banana pancakes!
- 1 ¾ cup (225 g) Torill’s Table Gluten-Free Waffle & Pancake Mix
- 2 medium (approx. 178 g) bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup (21 g) melted butter, cooled
- ½ cup (123 g) whole milk
- Butter, to cook
- Pan (non-stick or stainless steel); alternative is a griddle
- Pastry brush
- ¼ measuring cup (or 2 oz ladle)
- Mixing bowls
- Preheat the pan (or griddle) on medium heat.
- Add the whole milk, egg and mashed bananas into one bowl. Mix until combined. Pro-tip: if you have frozen overripe bananas, place it in the oven for 30-40 seconds until it is thawed.
- Add the pancake & waffle mix and baking soda into the wet ingredients. Mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add the melted butter into the batter and mix until combined.
- In the preheated pan (or griddle), brush some butter into the pan or griddle.
- Measure out 2 oz or ¼ cup of batter using a measuring cup and pour it into the buttered pan (or griddle). Pro tip: if the batter is too thick, add another 2 tbsp of milk or water to thin it out.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. You can tell that it is ready to flip if a) golden brown in on the side g) bubbles have been formed, popped and it is done popping and c) the sides are slowly getting a bit drier.
- Flip it over and let it cook for a couple more minutes and until it is golden brown.
- Once it is done cooking, place it onto a plate or cooling rack.
- Repeat steps 6-9 until all the batter has been cooked.