The countdown beings.
Five days to go until Christmas! And yes, we are just as excited as you are. To kick off the Christmas festivities, we decided to make Holiday Spiced Pancakes mixed with ginger, zest, and orange juice.
Treat yourself with love and good food this Christmas.
- 2 cups (256 g) Torill’s Table Original Waffle & Pancake Mix
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice
- ½ cup (64 g) almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup (57 g) freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup (57 g) melted butter, cooled
- Non-stick pan (or griddle)
- Mixing bowl (or shallow plate for the batter)
- Pastry brush
- Heat the pan or griddle on medium heat.
- Mix together the eggs, buttermilk and orange juice into a mixing bowl. Mix until it is fully combined.
- Add the waffle mix, gingerbread spice, almond flour, baking soda and lemon zest into the wet ingredients and mix until no lumps are present.
- Add the cooled melted butter into the batter and mix until the butter is incorporated.
- Use a pastry brush to add butter into the preheated pan (or griddle). Pro-tip: heat the pan up to medium and when you’re ready to cook, lower the heat to medium-low to avoid overcooking the outside of the pancake, leaving it raw inside.
- Pour the batter into the buttered pan and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. You will know when it is ready when bubbles are forming and popping and the sides are dried. Pro-tip: an ideal amount of batter to cook is ¼ cup (or 2 oz). This will create a good size pancake…unless you want a huge pancake.
- Flip the pancake over and let it cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and put it into a plate.
- Repeat steps 5-8 until all the batter has been cooked.
- Add your desired toppings and enjoy!