Have you ever started to make brunch on a Sunday morning to realize you can’t decide between sweet and savoury? It seems to be a question that plagues even the most experienced of the brunch crowd. There’s something that draws you to the idea of sweet maple syrup and whip cream on a fluffy waffle but you're torn because perfectly salted eggs and crunchy bacon are calling your name as well.
Often you have to choose between either sweet and savoury but not this time! We have a recipe that perfectly combines the savoury flavours of scrambled eggs and bacon with the sweetness of our heart-shaped Norwegian waffles and maple syrup.
This recipe is filled to the brim with wholesome goodness and nutritious ingredients, many of which are already in our Premium or Gluten-Free Waffle Mix. Add in protein-packed eggs and bacon and this breakfast will leave you full and satisfied!
Per single serving
- 1 cooked Torill's Table Premium or Gluten-Free Waffle
- 1 egg
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Butter to fry
- 1 slice bacon or 2 tbsp bacon bits
- Maple syrup
- 1 Torill’s Table Premium or Gluten-Free Waffle
- Preheat your waffle iron
- Prepare Torill’s Table Premium or Gluten-Free waffle mix as per the bags instructions in a mixing bowl
- Slice the bacon and chop into bacon bits unless you're already cooking with bacon bits then fry the bacon bits using a little bit of butter
- Whisk your egg in a mixing bowl with salt and white pepper to taste
- Pour 5oz / 1 ladle of waffle mix into the waffle iron
- Flat scramble your egg
- Once your bacon, eggs, and waffle are cooked to your preference, serve the egg and bacon bits on one side of your waffle and gently fold the other side over to make a sandwich
To finish off your masterpiece, sprinkle remaining bacon bits on the top of your waffle breakfast sandwich and drizzle (or douse!) your creation in maple syrup. Our favourite is Cosman and Webb’s Pure Maple Syrup. Made in the Eastern Townships of southern Quebec, this organic maple syrup contains no artificial flavouring and is the perfect amount of sweet to satisfy your sugar craving!
Not only is this recipe easy and delicious, it takes away the tough decision between sweet and savoury, and blends them into a nutritious and wholesome breakfast that will easily become a favourite at your kitchen table.