Recipes | Dutch Babies
Servings: 1 pancakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Rest time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
½ cup Torill’s Table Original Waffle & Pancake Mix
3 eggs, large
½ cup whole milk
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
Pinch, sea salt
2 ½ tbsp butter (for cooking)
Cast iron pan
Mixing bowl (or shallow plate for the batter)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Once the oven is done preheating, put the cast iron pan into the oven until the batter is ready.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Then add the milk, sea salt and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest in room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Once the batter is rested, take the cast iron pan out of the oven and put it onto the stove.
- Turn the stove to medium heat. Add the butter and let it melt; swirl it around the bottom and the sides of the pan.
- Add the batter onto the preheated cast iron pan and swirl it around on the sides. Let it cook on medium heat for a minute. Pro-tip: swirling the batter around the sides and let it cook on medium heat for a minute will ensure even sides and growth, rather than one side.
- Return the cast iron pan with the batter inside into the oven and let it cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once it is done cooking, take it out of the oven and let it cool down. Pro-tip: it is expected to rise up when it is baking and to sink down when cooling down.
- Add your desired toppings and enjoy!